Here's the link if you want to check it out. It's a 10 goal - 10 point system and you pay $15 to join. You can win back money if you get the most points at the end of the 8 weeks or win a bit back through a drawing just as a participant. I really didn't join for the money. In fact, that almost turned me away. But I looked at is as a $15 joining fee and was fine with that. Many online challenges cost hundreds of dollars for the support (and I've never joined those). So this one looked doable. It's not raw food focused, but could be if I made it that way. It's leaning toward Eat to Live guidelines -- needs more fruits and veggies, but I can do that on my own too. I wonder if I'll struggle to get the 7 hours of sleep if I am eating high raw consistently, but I'm sure I can tweak that and make it work. I've also lately gotten into the habit of snacking pretty late, so the curfew on eating will take some practice at first . I'll be fine though. I'm mostly doing it because we're moving 2 days before this challenge ends. Last time we moved, I didn't fare well keeping up with my workouts or my healthy eating. This time I will!
I think I'll journal my daily progress on my reneeonrawfood blog. It's kind of my more personal ins and outs with eating. If you want access to that blog, send me a request.
Here are the guidelines straight off of their 8weekstoabetteryou blog. It's not too late to join if you'd like to be a part of it. It will take you right up to the Sunday before Thanksgiving. The more the merrier!
Here's the copy/paste, pictures and all:
As a participant, you will have the opportunity to earn points every day by following a list of requirements. At the end of every week, you will total your points then record them to the "8 Weeks to a Better You Points Bracket". All the participants will receive access to this online spreadsheet, and we trust will be truthful when recording their points. On you honor people!
Here's how you earn points...
Physically Better Yourself
1. Exercise at least 45 minutes a day!
2. Get AT LEAST 7 hours of sleep a night (if you are short a little just squeeze a nap in to make up for it).
3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
4. No Sugar-there are different ways to do this. We prefer eliminating sugars and white flours (which turn into sugars) to get the most bang for your buck. But if you would like to just do without sugars than you can make that call.
5. No Soda or Junk Food Yes that means no Diet Coke ladies or fast food! Ya we know that will not be an easy point to earn...but you will love yourself and how you feel if you do it.
6. Eat at least 2 servings of fruit and 2 servings of vegetables
7. No eating after 8 p.m.
Emotionally/Spiritually Better Yourself
8. Write in your journal EVERY DAY.
9. Complete at least 15 minutes of uplifting reading or scripture study.
10. Complete an act of service or random act of kindness. Whether it be a small one or a big one, do something kind for someone else that is out of your normal routine.
You receive 1 point per item per day, so that's 10 points a day you can earn. There will also be 1 bonus challenge every week worth extra points. It could be anything from cleaning out your fridge to donating your time or money to a charity or worthy cause.
Now we know this is not easy so to help out you get a FREE DAY where you get the full 10 points whether or not you complete all the requirements! You can choose which day of each week is your free day each week, but you cannot choose different days for different points. The only exception to this rule is exercise. Your free day from exercise can be different if you choose. For example - you may choose Saturday as your free day but choose to workout that day and take Sunday off from exercise.